The mission of the University System of Maryland is to improve the quality of life for the people of Maryland by providing a comprehensive range of high quality, 可访问的, and affordable educational opportunities; engaging in research and scholarship that expand the boundaries of current knowledge; and providing knowledge-based programs and services that are responsive to the needs of the 公民 of the state and the nation.
These ideals drive our approach to financial aid at SU as we strive to provide a high quality higher education at an affordable price.
- SU provides a quality education. We are consistently ranked in the Top 100 on Kiplinger's Best Public 大学 list.
- If a student has the skills, SU can help them pursue their dreams of completing a college education. We provided more than $11 million dollars in scholarship gift aid to students last year. 看看苏的 Freshmen Net Price Calculator or Transfer Net Price Calculator for prospective scholarship amounts scholarship amounts.
- Moderate increases to tuition. SU has raised tuition by 2% or less annually which is lower than the national average according to the College Board's 2017 Trends in College Pricing.
- 学费支付计划选择. SU offers payment plans as an alternative to paying your bill in full at the start of each term. The plans split your Fall or Spring semester balances into convenient monthly payments with no interest charged.
- SU continues to expand it institutional aid program. The University is committed to using its limited resources to create access, opportunity and student success by expanding its institutional scholarship spending each year.
The Salisbury University 财政援助办公室 & 奖学金 understands that financing your education is one of the most important life decisions you and your family face. 起初, 这似乎让人不知所措, but we can help you secure resources that will make your college education affordable.
Investing in a college education often requires students and their families to look beyond their own resources for assistance. Salisbury students can receive funds for college in the forms of 奖学金, 奖助金, 贷款, work study and assistantships. These awards are based on your financial need and/or academic record.
最后, we encourage all prospective students and their families to evaluate SU's net price not the official cost of attendance or "sticker" price. The net price reflects the actual out-of-pocket expense after removing 奖助金, 奖学金, and other educational benefits from the "sticker" price. 点击这里使用SU Freshmen Net Price Calculator or Transfer Net Price Calculator 进行下一步.
The Financial Aid Office is committed to providing timely delivery of information and is sensitive to the financial concerns of you and your family. We sincerely look forward to helping you achieve your educational goals.
What Are Some of The Best Ways to Fund a Higher Education at SU?
- 每年完成FAFSA! Many families mistakenly think they don't qualify for aid and prevent themselves from receiving financial aid by failing to apply for it. 除了, there are a few sources of aid such as unsubsidized 工作人员ord and PLUS 贷款 that are available regardless of need. The FAFSA form is free and no matter your income we encourage all students and families to complete the FAFSA
- Estimate how much income your family can set aside every month and then multiply that amount by 48 months (i.e. 四年制学位). Take a look at Maryland 529 or other state tax-advantaged savings plans designed to encourage saving for college.
- 探索 academic merit based 奖学金 提前申请. Visit SU's scholarship program page for more information.
- Take a look at private 奖学金 on websites like:
- 探索 the federal Pell grant and Direct loan programs available to U.S. 公民.
- 最后, if necessary you can research private student 贷款 but we encourage students and families to do their homework on this type of loan given many of the benefits within the federal loan program are not available in some private loan programs.